Workshop "Plan for the Implementation of Interprofessional Education in Brazil: analysis of results achieved and discussion of new lines of action"
On July 24, 2018, in the city of Brasilia-DF, the Ministry of Health of Brazil, through its Department of Health Education Management (DEGES / SGTES / MS), with the support of the Pan American Health Organization PAHO / WHO, held the Workshop - "Implementation Plan for Interprofessional Education in Brazil: analysis of results achieved and discussion of new lines of action".
The purpose of the event was to conduct a broad debate on the stage of development of the activities foreseen in the implementation plan for Interprofessional Education (IPE) in Brazil, with the presentation of the results obtained by the partner institutions that signed the PAHO / WHO Charter Agreements, and to formulate joint initiatives to continue the theme in order to ensure its incorporation at all levels of the reality of the country's national education and health systems.
The event was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Education, National Institute of Studies and Educational Research Anísio Teixeira - INEP, National Health Council, National Education Council, Brazilian Network of Education and Interprofessional Work in Health, Pan American Health Organization, coordinators of Charter agreements on the subject of the IPE and other secretariats of the Ministry of Health.
Cláudia Brandão, director of DEGES, Brazil's representative in the executive secretariat of the Regional Network of Interprofessional Education of the Americas (REIP), conducted the event and reported that 80% of the activities foreseen in the IPE Brazil plan for the years 2017 and 2018 have already been carried out. The director has launched five new activities to continue the plan for the years 2019 and 2020, which are:
1. Publication of the public announcement of the Education for Work for Health Program (PET-Saúde), with emphasis on the theme of IPE.
2. Launching of the specialization course in public health with emphasis on IPE, which will be offered by Fundação Oswaldo Cruz (Fiocruz) in conjunction with partner institutions of the Public Health School Network (REDESCOLA). The goal is to train 650 new sanitarians on IPE in 26 states of the federation.
3. Launching of a call for papers submission and / or reports on IPE experiences for the Journal of Care Journal of the Institute of Communication and Scientific and Technological Information in Health (ICICT - Fiocruz).
4. Launch of the second edition of the faculty development course for IPE.
5. Technical meeting with the new medical schools instituted by the Mais Médicos Program, with the inclusion of the IPE theme in the agenda of the event.
The event was an opportunity to discuss the progress of the IPE in the country, to develop new actions for the continuity of the theme and to promote a greater rapprochement between those responsible for the national IPE plan.